Is your Belkin router not working? Well, there is nothing new in this problem, as it is quite common with the routers. If you want to fix the problem, then make sure to check the Router lights because the lights tell a lot about the problem befalling the router. If you see that the light flashing on the router is orange or amber, then there is definitely some problem with the router. However, what exactly it is something that we will discuss in the post in detail.
Everything happens for a reason, so if you are seeing an orange or yellow light on a Belkin router, then there is some problem with the router. We are going to discuss how to get rid of orange or yellow light, and get the blue internet light back on the router.
Note: Flashing amber, orange or yellow light means the exact same thing, so if you see any of those lights, then don’t be confused.
What does orange light flashing on the Belkin Router means?
Many experts say that the flashing of orange light means problem-related to Internet Service Provider (ISP), but in reality, the problem could occur due to multiple reasons:
- Loose internet cable and connection.
- Slow internet or critical firmware update.
- The internet is down from the ISP side.
- The router isn’t properly configured and connection type is also incorrect.
- The router is connected to an unsupported modem or router doesn’t detect the modem.
How to troubleshoot orange blinking lights?
To fix the problem of flashing orange lights, here is what you are going to do:
- You need to begin with checking all the cable connections to the modem as well as the router. However, keep in mind to power on the modem as you do begin to check the connections.
- You will have to perform a power cycle for which, you will have to restart the modem followed by the router. Wait until both devices boot up and after that, both devices are ready to load the setup.
- Now, you will have to log in to Belkin Router Dashboard followed by looking for a firmware update (if there is any available).
After performing these steps, you need to check if the Belkin router starts working or not. If the router doesn’t work and you are seeing the orange light on the Belkin router, then continue reading the post.
Reset Belkin Router:
- You will have to find the reset key on the router, which most probably is given at the back of the router.
- Press the key using a pointed object such as a paperclip or pen for 20-25 seconds.
- Once you have reset the Belkin wireless router, you will have to restart the modem again, but keep in mind to restart the PC as well.
- Now, the Belkin router is fully reset to the factory settings, so get ready to install Belkin router like a new router.
Tips and tricks to keep in mind prior to setting up the Belkin Router:
- When setting up a Belkin wireless router, you will be asked for your ‘Internet Connection Type’ so as to configure the modem with Belkin router. You need to ask your ISP for ‘Internet Connection Type’ such as ‘DHCP connection’, ‘PPPoE Connection’ or ‘Static Connection’.
- Now, test your modem connection by connecting your computer directly to the modem.
That was all about how to fix flashing orange light appearing on the Belkin Router. If you are still seeing the orange light, then it’s better to consult Belkin wireless router experts.
We have the best support facility where we resolve all issues related to Belkin routers and extenders. If you are using Belkin extender N300, and want to know how to perform Belkin Setup N300 so as to access the internet in areas where internet was not available before, then call us at our Belkin tech support number. We also know the right process of Belkin N600 setup, so if you want to know how to setup N600 extender with the existing router setup of your house, then you will have to connect both devices in a proper way and after that, you need to connect both devices wirelessly.