Have you just bought a Belkin wireless router? If yes, then you must be itching to set it up. Well, we are going to help you do just that, so read the post till the end. The steps are common for every Belkin Router such as Belkin N300, N600 and Belkin AC Series Routers.
A few things that you need to know before setting up Belkin Router
- Internet connection should be properly working.
- You must have an Ethernet cable (RJ45).
- A computer.
You can easily setup Belkin Wireless Router with your smartphone or tablet by using any web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge, etc.
Before you set up, the router, make sure to reset it, as that makes your job a lot easier.
Installing the Belkin Router
- Connect your Belkin router to a power outlet to turn on the router.
- Connect the modem to Belkin router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your computer to the router using another Ethernet cable.
- If you don’t have two Ethernet cable, then reset Belkin Router and click ‘Wireless Icon’ on your computer.
- Connect with unsecured Belkin Router followed by opening your web browser.
- After your computer is connected with the Belkin Router, please open the web browser, and enter ‘192.168.2.1’ and hit ‘Enter’.
Belkin Dashboard or setup page will appear:
As your modem detects the Belkin router, you can configure the settings in your wireless routers such as SSID (network name) and password.
- To create or change a new password, you can go to ‘Wireless Settings’ and apply those changes.
- Once you’ve set up your Belkin Router, you need to restart the router as well as computer.
- Now, your router is configured and you can access the internet wirelessly.
In case you come across issues while setting up Belkin Router such as Belkin Router not detecting modem, then you will have to restart the modem and router followed by going through the steps for setting up Belkin Router again.
Alternative ways of setting up the Belkin Router:
You can setup Belkin Router with a single internet cable, and for that, here is what you’re going to do:
- Connect the modem with Belkin wireless router using Ethernet cable and then, turn the modem and router on.
- Check on your computer if you are seeing a new Belkin network name or not.
- If yes, then click on it and connect with the Belkin Router web interface using this network.
- If prompted for a password, then check the router box, as there will be a card inside it. You can also try using the default password on the back of the router.
If you can’t find the password, then you should reset the Belkin router using the reset key given at the back of the router.
- After resetting the router, click ‘connect’. Or, if you have entered the password, then you’ll be taken to Belkin Router setup page where you will be able to set up a Belkin wireless router by following on-screen instructions.
- You can customize Belkin Router and control the settings such as password, parental control, channel and access to certain websites.
Tips: If the steps don’t work, take help of experts instead of resetting the router because if you reset the router 3-5 times, then that could result in hardware issues in Belkin router.
- Update your Belkin router firmware as the updates come.
- Make sure to check the connection type for Belkin wireless router. Connection types are PPPoE, Dynamic IP connection and Static IP address.
That was all about setting up the Belkin router, and if you come across any issue while performing these steps, then you can go to Belkin Wireless Router Setup official page for precise assistance.
We can also assist you for Belkin WiFi Extender, so if you are using this particular brand of extender and want to know how to do Belkin WiFi Extender setup, then you can go through the steps given at our website. For further details, you can visit our website: https://www.belkin.com