Do you want to enable port forwarding on your Belkin N300? If yes, then the procedure for the same is discussed in this post. Port forwarding will help in accessing the firewall settings for web servers, gaming apps, and FTP servers.
We have discussed the port forwarding with respect to the Xbox gaming console. Below is a list of ports that are discussed along with types.
- TCP port number 3074
- TCP port number 53
- TCP port number 80.
- TCP port number 88.
The port number for Belkin varies according to the internet connection type. If you are using any other gaming console, then you can check the port from the gaming manual. If you are getting a problem with locating the port number, you can contact the gaming manufacturer.
Steps to proceed further:
- Switch on the PC.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.2.1 in the space given for address and press ‘Enter’. This is the default IP address for accessing the setup page. If you have changed the IP address earlier, then enter the new one.
- Go to the ‘Login’ option and enter the login details.
- Enter the Belkin login password for the username and press ‘Submit’. The password you are entering is case-sensitive, so keep this thing in mind while entering the password.
- Once you are login to the account, select ‘Firewall settings’ from the given options.
- Go to ‘Virtual servers’ from the ‘Firewall Settings’ page.
- Click on checkbox given next to ‘Enable’ and enter the details given here as under:
- Enter 80 in the inbound port number field. Select ‘TCP’ as a protocol type. Enter the IP address for the gaming console and set it as a private port.
- For the field labeled as type 2, enter 88 in the inbound port. Change the protocol type to UDP. Enter the IP address for the Xbox gaming console as a private and submit the port details in the defined fields.
- If you are using Xbox3 type ‘3074’ in the inbound port. Select the protocol type to UDP or TCP. Enter the private IP address in the Xbox gaming console field and submit the details carefully.
- For Xbox4 labeled field, enter 53 in the inbound port. Select UDP or TCP for protocol type. Enter the IP address for the Xbox in the private IP field and submit it as a private port in defined fields.
- Click ‘Submit’ and apply the saved changes. The settings will automatically get retained.
Note: Before assigning the port number to the device, a static IP should be assigned to the device because the port forwarding is valid only on a single IP address. Also, make sure that the IP address used is within the range of the Belkin router.