You can setup Belkin router without CD using web-based setup page. To set up, the router, perform the following three procedures.
Verify internet connection
Check whether the internet service from ISP is working or not.
- Connect your PC to the modem without installing router first. Turn on your modem.
- Check internet service by accessing the website from the computer. If you are not able to access the internet, contact ISP.
- You can proceed to the next step if the internet is working fine on the computer.
Note: Unplug the modem now from the power supply before configuring router on it.
Connect the devices together
Start with the setup by connecting the router to the modem.
- Connect the modem to the WAN.
- Plug in router and modem to the power source.
- Connect your router to the computer via Ethernet ports available on both the devices. You can use an Ethernet cable to connect the wireless computer to the router.
- Wait for some minutes till the light on the top panel of the Belkin router turns solid blue.
If you notice the blue light is still blinking or not turns solid, then you need to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible.
- Ensure that modem is connected to the router properly with the Ethernet cable.
- Restart your modem by first turning it off from the power supply and then turn it on after some time.
- Restart the router in a similar manner as the modem. Unplug the power adapter from the source and connect it again after 10 seconds. This will help in re-establishing and refreshing the connection to the modem.
Accessing the router’s web-based setup page
It is required for establishing a wired or wireless internet connection on your router. The steps for accessing the router page are mentioned here as under:
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.2.1 in the router address bar.
- If you find the problem in accessing the login default page, you can click on the support link.
- Once you click on ‘Let’s connect to the internet’ page, you will find ‘Detect my connection’. The router will soon test the connection and check for updates if available any for AC1200 Db dual-band router.
Important: In case any update is available for your router, update it as early as possible and install the same on the router. After this, you will get a pop-up message displaying ‘Already updated’ on the screen. To discard or stop this pop-up message in the future, click to turn it off. Turn off the ‘Automatic firmware update’ option from the web-based setup page. There is an option available in the ‘Belkin Utility’ program as well from where you can turn off ‘Automatic updates’.
- After the router gets connected to the network, you will be asked to change the username and password.
- The router will verify the network name and password when you click on ‘Done’.
- Enter the necessary information as asked on the page. Double tap ‘Register your router’.
- Tap ‘Thanks’ and go to ‘Dashboard’.
From ‘Dashboard’ you can change the settings of your router thereafter.
We know the entire process of Belkin extender setup, so if you are using Belkin extender and want to know how to set it up with our Belkin router, then you can go online and search for the steps related to Belkin extender setup or you can get in touch with our experts. For that, visit at the Belkin’s Support Official Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/