Installing a wireless router not only allows you to connect multiple computers to your modem, but it also allows you to connect a network of wireless devices as well. Every year, more and more portable devices, video game systems and devices are launched into the market and they all require a wireless Internet connection to access certain functions. Although it seems like setting up a Belkin Wireless G Router would be a complex process, the computer does most of the work; all you have to do is plug in some cables and follow some instructions.
Things you need
- Belkin router
- Power Supply
- Cat-5 cable
- Installation CD
Here are the instructions for configuring a Belkin Wireless G Router:
- Disable any firewall software that you may have running. The software must be displayed in the system tray at the bottom right of the screen. Right-click on the software icon and choose “Exit”.
- Place the installation CD of your Belkin Wireless G Router in the CD-ROM drive. The installation software starts automatically. If it does not, go to My Computer or Windows Explorer and look for the CD-ROM drive. Double-click on the file named “Setup”. Once the software has been launched, click on “Router Configuration” to begin.
- Disconnect power from your modem. Find the network cable that connects the modem to your computer and unplug it from your computer.
- Plug the loose end of the cable you just unplug into the “Internet / WAN” port on the back of the Belkin Wireless G Router.
- Insert one end of a Cat-5 cable into the network port on the back of your computer, the same port you just disconnected a cable. Plug the other end of this cable into one of the numbered ports on the back of the Belkin Router. It does not matter which port you choose to plug the cable into.
- Plug the power cord into the cable modem and plug the Belkin router’s power cord into the wall and into the router.
- Press “Finish” on the software that was run while you installed the router. If you do not use the software as a guide, you may have to hit “Next” a few times as the software runs through the installation.
That sums up the configuration of Belkin Wireless G Router. If you are able to configure the router successfully, then you must be accessing the internet by now. However, if the configuration process was not fruitful for you, then you should re-check the steps that you have performed and discern if you haven’t missed any step by chance. If that is not the case, then have your router checked by a Belkin Router expert because they can provide you with the best assistance regarding this problem.
We offer support for Belkin router, so if you want to perform Belkin router setup and Belkin n600 Setup, then you should make sure that all the connections have been properly done. If you come across any issue while setting up Belkin router, then you should consult experts. For further details, you can visit the Belkin’s support official website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/