By default, the login password of your Belkin router is ‘Admin’ and if it is not working on your router, then you might have forgotten it or someone else has changed it.
For Belkin routers, then login password is required to go to the web-interface page of it. This page allows you to set up additional settings on your router apart from setup. The username and password set by default are given on the hardware which ought to be changed during the initial setup.
If after entering the password, you are not being able to apply or alter any settings, then reset or recover the password with the help of steps given here as under. You can set the new password on your own after reading these steps.
- Connect the router to the power outlet and turn the adapter on.
- Check the power light on the panel. If it is on, then wait for some seconds.
- Keep the router’s height above the normal height or above your head so that you can easily check the buttons given under it.
- Press the reset button from there with the help of sharp tip pen or paper clip.
- Release the button and turn on and off the router at the same time. Wait, till the power light turns green.
- Wait for half a minute and check if the password is reset or not.
- Disconnect the router now and check after 5 minutes.
- Turn on the power supply and check if the booting is finished or not.
Once the steps are performed, you will be able to set a new password for the Belkin router. Go to web-interface page again and set new password of your choice. All the details other than username and password will be erased and you will have to enter them again.
Can’t access the Belkin router?
After changing the password of your Belkin router, if you are still not able to login to the router, it means the IP address is changed or the default IP is not working. The below-mentioned procedure can be followed to reset the IP.
Check the default gateway IP 192.168.l.254 of your router from the computer settings. The default gateway is generally the same as that of the IP address of your router. To check this, go to ‘Preferences’ from computer settings and click ‘Gateway address’. Here, you need to click on ‘TCP/IP’ option. All the details along with the addresses will be displayed on the screen.