The Belkin N1 Wireless router allows multiple users to share a common Internet connection to share printers and allow file sharing between computers. It offers wireless access N1 so be compatible with wireless standards g and b, allowing it to work with almost any wireless computer. It gives users the ability to stream HD video, listen to digital music and activate the VoIP phone service. It is compatible with computers on all platforms and works with Belkin’s wireless cards, as well as most other wireless adapters, including Apple’s Airport cards.
Things you need
- ISP account (with cable modem or DSL)
- Ethernet RJ-45 cables
- A computer with Ethernet or wireless capabilities
Instructions on installing Belkin N1 Wireless Router:
- Connect the Belkin router to your cable or DSL modem. If you are replacing an old router, simply connect the new router instead of the old one. If you are connecting a new router, connect the Ethernet cable between the modem and the router’s WAN port. The other four ports on the router are used to connect to other nodes in the network.
- Turn off the cable or DSL modem. Then put the modem and the router in this order.
- Attach a computer via Ethernet to one of the four network ports on the router or use a computer with wireless capabilities to configure it. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera) and enter 192.168.2.1 in the navigation bar.
- Click the “Submit” button to access the configuration page, default router settings have a blank password field. The configuration page is where you customize the settings for your router and your wireless network. This is where you specify the name of your wireless network, your security settings, and the password of the router itself.
- Change the settings, as described in step 4, on the router, which can be accessed via links on the configuration page. You’ll want to change the name of the wireless network to something that makes sense for your particular situation, and change the secure password for both the router and the wireless network.
- Connect wirelessly to the new network. If you have configured the network using a wireless computer, you will need to connect to the newly named network and enter the new network password.
That is how you can install your Belkin N1 wireless router, isn’t that simple! However, if you find that the router is not working after the installation, then there is definitely some issue with the steps that you’ve performed. You should cross-check those in order to identify the problem. If you can’t do that, then call an expert to do it for you, but make sure to correct the problem.
We offer support for Belkin router, so if you want to perform Belkin router setup, then you should make sure that all the connections have been properly done. If you come across any issue while setting up Belkin router, then you should consult experts.