Before discussing our title, we would like to shed some light on the latest feature added in New Belkin AC1900 Dual-band router. In this router, you will find Wireless AC technology that is much better and faster than current wireless standards of routers. This router has a high bandwidth and efficiency.
Now coming to the Guest Access feature of Belkin AC1900 model. We are now going to discuss steps to setup Guest Access on it.
- Launch a web browser and wait till the browser screen appears. You need to now enter the IP address of your Belkin router. The IP address of the same can be checked from the website or from the guided manual.
- Hit ‘Enter’. By default, the IP address is 192.168.2.1. In case this is not working, get it cross-checked from the router manufacturer.
- Go to ‘Guest Access’. This mode is generally enabled by default.
- Select wireless security you want to set on the network and move further to create it.
- You will be asked to select SSID and password separately for Guest access. You can set any SSID of your choice.
- By default, Café-style in which you need to login via a web browser is enabled for security type.
- Click to save
- You can now connect guest clients to the Guest SSID by providing them the password which is always case-sensitive.
How to disable Guest Access on the router using Dashboard
As discussed earlier, the Guest feature is offered on a Belkin router in order to provide the guests with different network without interfering them with the main network.
From Belkin dashboard or you can say web-interface, you can change the settings of your Guest network and disable it quite easily. Now we are going to discuss steps to disable Guest Access feature.
- Launch a web browser and enter the IP address of Belkin AC1900 router in the address field.
- Hit ‘Enter’. A login page will then get opened on the screen.
Important: The default IP address of your Belkin router is 192.168.2.1. If you have not changed it, then you can enter it as it otherwise enters the recent one. To check the IP address of your router, you can go to the Belkin link.
- Open dashboard from the login page and click ‘Guest Access’.
- Slide to turn this feature off.
- Click ‘Ok’ to save changes before closing the window.
- Don’t switch off your router while changing the settings of Guest mode.
- The Guest Access feature is now successfully disabled on Belkin router. No guest can access your home network after this.
We have the best support facility where we resolve all issues related to Belkin routers and extenders. If you are using Belkin extender N300, and want to know how to perform Belkin Setup N300 and Belkin N600 Setup so as to access the internet in areas where internet was not available before, then visit the Belkin’s Support Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/