From the last 30 years, Belkin has been serving a large chunk of people with its high-speed internet connectivity devices. It offers an extensive range of products through which you can connect more than one device at a time to the internet. Belkin routers can be used at home as well as in the office.
However, some users want to update the firmware of the Belkin router but getting a problem with it. For proper connectivity, it is essential to have updated router firmware. Hence, we have bought easy steps to update it.
What’s the need of updating the firmware of Belkin router?
First of all, you should know the definition of Firmware in terms of electronic devices like a router. As we all know that electronic devices are prone to online attacks from hackers who can steal your personal information quite easily. To minimize such risks, Belkin always releases security updates after a fixed interval of time.
In addition to the above-mentioned risks, the Firmware update also provides you with the opportunity to enjoy the latest features on the internet.
Steps to update the firmware of the router
- The very first step is to connect the router to the computer through Ethernet cable. Wired connection is preferred to wireless one as it is break-free.
- Check the model number and the current version installed in the router.
- Download the firmware.
- Carry out an update.
Detailed steps to update the firmware of Belkin router:
Download Belkin router firmware: Download the latest firmware version from Belkin router’s website.
- Do check the hardware version of your Belkin router before downloading the firmware. After this, visit Belkin page.
- Enter the model number of your router in the ‘Search box’ and press ‘Enter’.
- If any new version is available, it will get displayed on the screen. Select to start the download.
- Don’t forget to read the instructions carefully before starting downloading it.
Update the firmware after downloading
- Once downloading gets finished, the next step is to update it. To update the firmware follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the router. It is 192.168.2.1.
- Now, a setup screen will get opened on the computer screen.
- Click on ‘Firmware update’.
- When you click on ‘Firmware update’ you will be asked to enter the password for login.
- Click ‘Upload firmware update’. Select the drive where you have stored the downloaded file.
- After transferring the file, click on ‘Apply changes’.
- The router will automatically get restarted after saving the changes.
- Your router may take some time to upload firmware files, so there is nothing to worry depending on the file size of an update.
After performing the update, the Belkin router will start working normally as it does earlier.
We can help you with Belkin Wireless router setup process. To know the right way of setting up Belkin wireless router, you don’t have to waste your time browsing the web and if you also want to know the Belkin Extender Setup. You can contact us at toll-free number.