Routers allow you to connect the computer, smartphone, and tablet to the home networking without actually connecting them through wires. You can connect almost all the devices at the same time and start browsing the internet at proper speed by making using of branded routers like Belkin or Linksys.
Have you ever tried to check the security settings of your Belkin router? These settings protect your router from being accessed by the third person. If there is no security enabled, anyone can easily connect to the home network without any password. Keeping your internet security at priority, we are now going to share some steps through which you can check the current security settings and enable security password for your router.
After setting up the password, no one can directly launch the internet on his/her laptop without your permission.
- Turn on the computer which is connected to the internet through a Belkin router. After this, Tap ‘Start’ button from the left bottom to open ‘Control panel’.
- Go through the control panel and click on the ‘Devices’ section. Under this section, you will find the name of your router. Click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, click on ‘Update driver’ option. Wait till the downloading of update gets finished. It will hardly take 5 minutes rest depending upon the speed.
- Close the ‘Belkin router driver window’.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address for Belkin router. It is 192.168.2.1 which work on every router. Tap ‘ Log in’.
- Don’t enter anything in the password box given on the next window. Click ‘Submit’ to save the settings as it is. Go to top of the screen where you find a label named ‘Wireless’.
- Check ‘Security’ link from the center of the screen and click on it once located. Go to ‘Security mode’ and from here you can select the security method according to your choice. If you have no idea which settings to select. You can get help from the internet.
- For your reference, we recommend you to use 128 bit WEP security type as it is considered to be the best encryption for the wireless network.
- Tap ‘Generate’ from the bottom of the screen to generate the password. The next time when anyone tries to connect to the network, he has to enter this passphrase in the text box.
- If you leave this field as it is, then anyone can connect directly.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
If you want to change the security settings, later on, you can do it easily by login to the router page through IP address. You can select WEP, WPA, and WPA2 security passphrase.
We can help you with Belkin Wireless router setup and Belkin WiFi Extender Setup process. To know the right way of setting up Belkin wireless router, you don’t have to waste your time browsing the web. You just need to go through our website and find the right steps there. Or, you can directly get in touch with the Belkin’s Official Support Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/