Wireless internet, also known as Wi-Fi, has become popular and widespread in the last decade. In contrast to regular wired Internet, the use of a wireless router enables wireless Internet access, providing greater mobility and many computers to easily connect to an Internet network. Belkin wireless router still requires a hardwired Internet connection. This can be done easily and with very little difficulty for the user.
Things you need
- A Windows PC running on Windows 7 or later
- T1 connection
- Cable modem
- Wireless router
- Two Ethernet cables
- Make sure your cable modem is properly configured and plugged into the T1 Internet jack, and make sure you are receiving Internet access through it. To confirm these, consult the documentation given to you by your ISP.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the cable modem to your wireless router.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your wireless router to the Ethernet jack on your computer’s network card.
- Turn on your wireless modem.
- Check your router documentation wire in order to find your IP router and your default username and password.
- Navigate to the applicable IP and enter the applicable username and password. This will allow you to access the router’s control panel.
- Do what changes you see setting for the wireless router settings. You should certainly create a name for your wireless network, you might also want to set a password on the network, for example. See your router documentation for instructions on how to do this or how to make any other settings change.
- Select the “accept changes” button (equivalent or) in the wireless settings if you have done so. This most often causes the router to reboot.
- Start your Internet browser once the router has restarted, and make sure you are getting access to the Internet through the router.
- Turn off your computer’s router and connect to the wireless network. Make sure you are receiving wireless Internet access.
Now, your Belkin Router is connected to the T1 line and you will be able to enjoy fast and seamless internet. However, if you have doubts regarding the connection, then you must get it checked by some expert who is aware of the procedure of how to connect Belkin Router to the T1 line. They might be able to assist you with the process. You must also check if your router is capable of connecting to a T1 line because there are a few routers, which can’t be connected. You should also recheck the steps that you have performed because sometimes, people tend to miss a step or two, which then, causes the problem with the connection.
We have the best support facility where we provide support for Belkin N300 Extender. If you are using this extender and want to know how to configure it with your router, then go through Belkin N300 setup steps given at our website. Belkin Setup n600