Belkin is one of the top manufacturers of wireless routers, which are speically designed to cater to the needs of people who want to access internet at homes and small business networks that share a single broadband Internet connection, like cable or DSL. Belkin wireless routers broadcast a Wi-Fi signal that permits several computers to access the internet at a time without making use of cables. You can connect a Wi-Fi connection to a Belkin router by configuring the router settings, followed by connecting the computer to the Belkin router using a wireless network card. You will need an Ethernet cable in order to complete the process.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable temporarily to the Ethernet port on the computer with another end of the cable going into one of the “LAN” ports on the Belkin Router.
- On your computer, launch a web browser and type “192.168.2.1” without the quotation marks in the address bar. Press “Enter”.
- Click on “Login” and then click on “Submit”.
- Type a name for the wireless network into the “SSID” box, and then click “Apply Changes” to save and apply the settings.
- Click “Security” and enter a password for the wireless network if you want to secure. Click on “Apply Changes”.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the computer.
- Click on the “Wireless” icon in the lower right corner of the screen where date and time are mentioned.
- Click the name of the wireless network that you assigned in step 4.
- Click on “Connect”.
- Enter the wireless password, if prompted.
Blocking websites through your Belkin Router
If you are in a household with children, then there must be several websites, which you would prefer not to visit. If you have a Belkin Wireless Internet Router, you have the option of barring access to any website you choose. Use your Belkin router’s configuration utility to block access to questionable websites. Instructions
- Open a web browser and enter the address “192.168.2.1” without the quotation marks in the address bar. Press the “Enter” key on your keyboard. Click on the “Connection” link in the page that appears.
- Enter your user name and password to access the router configuration utility. If you have never changed the password, enter nothing in the password box and click “Submit”.
- Click on “Parental Control” on the left side of the screen. Note that you must have a subscription to use this service, but most Belkin routers include a free trial of six months. Enter your email address and password to log in to the parental control menu.
- Click the “Edit” button, then click on the “Exemptions” tab.
- Enter the name of the site you want to block. Use the menu to select “Always blocked.” Save and exit the configuration. The site you entered will now always be inaccessible unless the Parental Control Manager password is entered.
That is how you can block certain websites that you think are not suitable for your children. If you are unable to perform these steps or not getting the desired results, then you can certainly consult experts for better assistance.
We have the best support facility where we resolve all issues related to Belkin routers and extenders. If you are using Belkin extender N300, and want to know how to perform Belkin Setup N300 so as to access the internet in areas where internet was not available before, then visit at the Belkin’s website: https://www.belkin.com