You can install Belkin N series routers with or without CD. We recommend you to use the manuals instead of using the CD as it is an easiest and best method preferred by experts. Before starting with the setup process, you must power cycle modem and router.
To restart your modem and router, simply disconnect them from the power supply or remove the power adapter from the socket and wait for 20 seconds. Connect the plug again to the power supply and turn the supply on. Connect the modem to the router through Ethernet cable with RJ45 connector in front of both ends.
Now turn on the modem first followed by the router. If you have switched off the modem from power button given at the back of hardware, then press to turn it on.
Steps for configuring Belkin router manually are given in the next passage. You can try the steps on your device without any hesitation. These steps are well tested and verified by the router experts.
- Connect the router to the computer with the help of a wire. Connect the cable to the Ethernet port of your computer.
- Open the browser and enter the IP address of the Belkin router by copying it from the back side of the hardware.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- By default, the IP address is 192.168.2.1. If this address doesn’t work for your router, it means someone else has changed the router’s default address.
- Click ‘Login’ after entering into the home web-based setup page.
- Don’t enter anything in the password box.
- You are now asked to enter the security type for router login. You can select SSL or other authentication types available.
- The common connection types available are PPTP, PPPoE, and Static. If you don’t find such settings in ‘SSL’, go to ‘WAN’ settings.
- Tap ‘Next’.
If you have no idea about the connection type, you can contact the internet service provider.
- Enter details asked in the next couple of boxes.
- Don’t forget to click on ‘Apply changes’. Click ‘Confirm’ before closing the window.
You can now enjoy surfing on the device. Open any website of your choice on a computer or on a smartphone. To check the status, go to bottom corner of the screen and check status instantly.
If you want to make any changes to the settings later on, go to ‘Belkin setup page’ directly.
You will find the following sections inside the setup page.
- Configure wireless security of the router.
- Install Mac address.
- Enable Port forwarding.
- You need to enter the time and date of recent changes.
- Update Administrator password after regular interval of time.
You can make changes according to your preference. All the settings will be saved automatically once you close the window.
We have the best support facility where we resolve all issues related to Belkin routers and extenders. If you are using Belkin extender N300, and want to know how to perform Belkin Setup N300 so as to access the internet in areas where internet was not available before. Moreover, we also know the right process of Belkin N600 setup, so if you want to know how to setup N600 extender with the existing router setup of your house, then you can visit the Belkin’s Official Support Website: https://www.belkin.com/us/support/