The Belkin AC1200 DB wireless router allows users to connect multiple computers to the same Internet connection. Belkin Routers are equipped with cutting-edge technology, which allows users to enjoy fast and seamless internet whenever they want. Belkin has been a force to reckon with in the field of routers, and its wireless routers range is exciting, performance-packed and affordable.
Unlike the majority of wireless routers, the Belkin router is fairly easy to configure. A router is a plug-and-play type, which doesn’t need the manual configuration of the PC to be able to connect to the internet. However, you must follow the configuration steps in a specific order. This gives you the opportunity to set up the modem and router and start communicating before you can connect to the Internet. If you have just purchased a new Belkin AC1200 DB Router and now looking to set it up for the first time with your existing modem, then you need to follow certain steps, details of which you can find in the section below.
Set Up A Belkin AC1200 DB Wireless Router
- Disconnect the network cable from your Internet modem and host. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the back of the modem.
- Now, you will have to connect the Ethernet cable to port #1 on the back of the Belkin wireless router labeled “For PC”.
- Connect one end of another Ethernet cable to the modem on your computer with its other end going into the router port of the Belkin Router labeled as ‘To Modem’.
- Reconnect the AC cable to the modem and wait about 30 seconds, and then continue to the next step.
- Connect the router’s AC cable first to the router and then to the network connector. Wait 60 seconds for the router to install, and then continue to the next step.
- Open your computer’s web browser and make sure you’re connected to the Internet. If so, you have configured your wireless router and you can now connect other computers to it. If you do not have access to the Internet, disconnect your modem and router followed by waiting for 10 minutes before redoing the configuration steps.
If you are still not able to set up the router, then you must have skipped a step or performed the entire process in a wrong way. Now, you have two options, either perform the entire steps again, and check if your devices labeled connect to the network wirelessly, or you need to get in touch with Belkin wireless router setup experts who will do the same, but with 100% success rate.