Belkin International (Belkin.com) has been manufacturing Internet routers since 1983. The company sells thousands of routers, wired and wireless, each year. A router divides the incoming and outgoing Internet signal from the modem into multiple paths that can be used by multiple computers simultaneously. Signal wireless variety routes to and from devices equipped with wireless network interface cards. The router clock timestamps a log file describing when the activity of each connected device occurs. In case, the time on your Belkin router is not correct, then the clock will not be able to register the log files, which then will create issues with the functioning of the device.
Steps to correct time on your Belkin router:
- Access your Belkin router manager by opening a browser and entering the default Belkin address in the URL address box at the top of the browser screen. The default address is “192.168.2.1” without the quotation marks.
- Navigate to the “Setting Time Zone and Time” section of the Router Manager located on the left column of the Belkin Router Manager page.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the first of two Network Time drop-down lists located in the center of the Protocol page. This is the primary Simple Protocol Time Protocol server. Belkin routers receive the correct time setting of SNTP servers located around the planet.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the second of the two Network Time drop-down protocol boxes located in the center of the page and select a second SNTP server location different from the first selection. This is the secondary SNTP server or backup.
- Enter your time zone if the default setting is incorrect.
- Check the box next to “Enable summertime” setting if you live in a region that observes daylight saving time.
- Click the “Save Settings” dialog located at the top left or bottom right of the Belkin Router Manager screen, depending on the model and firmware version. It may take up to 15 minutes for the router to communicate with the primary SNTP server. The clock cannot be changed manually, so you will have to follow these steps in order to correct the time.
In case, you are unable to correct the time of your Belkin router using the aforementioned steps, then you should not try anything on your own now. The best thing for you would be to get in touch with Belkin wireless router setup and support facility and let the experts change the time of your Belkin router.