Belkin stands at the top of the list when it comes to best-selling and high-performance routers. It offers seamless internet connectivity at every corner of the house. You can connect as many devices as you want to the router at a time and get the same internet speed on each device. If you are facing a problem with the internet like a connectivity issue or degraded performance of the internet, then the Belkin router will help you get rid of these problems. Whereas, to ensure proper functioning, the device must be configured properly. Belkin has developed a range of routers and extenders in the past few months with one thing common about them is the simple setup.
How do I do Belkin router login?
- For successful Belkin router login, attach the router to the modem and then to the computer through Ethernet cable.
- Power on your computer and launch the web browser. Enter 192.168.2.1 in the address bar which is the default IP address of the router.
- Tap ‘Login’. On the login screen, enter the username and the password. In the username field, enter ‘Admin’ and for the password, enter ‘Password’.
- You will now find the ‘Internet WAN’ option, clicking on it will take you to the ‘Connection type’ option.
- Select the connection type and press ‘Next’. If you don’t know the connection type, then you can ask from an internet service provider.
- After entering the details, press ‘Submit’.
- This is all about the router login process, thus you can now access the internet without any problem.
How do I setup my Belkin router?
To use the Belkin router to its full potential, you must properly perform the Belkin router setup. Let’s discuss the steps for configuring the Belkin router on the internet using the CD that comes with the package.
Belkin setup using CD
- The process begins with the restarting of your modem. To restart the modem, unplug it from the power source.
- Connect the cable to the Ethernet port of the modem and the other end of the cable to the Internet port of the Belkin router.
- Turn on the router and wait till it boots up. Turn on the modem now.
You can perform the setup of each model of the Belkin router in the same manner.
How to perform Belkin Router N300 setup?
The steps to perform Belkin router N300 setup are:
- Disconnect the modem from the power input and follow the same procedure for Belkin. Setup the N300 router as well.
- Now, search for Belkin N300 router SSID in the list of networks from the computer to connect to it.
- Open the web browser to enter 192.168.2.1 in the address bar.
- The setup page opens, from where you have to go to the ‘Detect my connection’ button.
- If the router’s firmware needs an update, then perform the update first.
- You are now asked to enter the network name and the password. Enter the ‘wireless settings’ in the fields given and click ‘Continue’. If you don’t know the name and the password, then go to Belkin router support page.
- Once you have applied the settings, you can connect the smart device to the new SSID.
- Register your product now. If you want to skip as of now, you can by clicking on ‘Register later’.
- The Belkin N300 router is now successfully set up following which you can start connecting the devices.
How do I do the Belkin N600 setup?
- To begin the Belkin N600 setup, connect the router to the power outlet which is near to it.
- From the Wi-Fi-enabled device like a computer, laptop or smartphone go to the ‘Wi-Fi’ icon and click on ‘Network settings’.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.206.1 in the address space given. Click ‘Next’ for Belkin. Range setup.
- Connect to the router’s SSID from the smart device and wait till the credentials get authenticated.
- Click ‘Continue’ to go to the next step.
- The setup process is completed now.
Steps required Belkin range extender setup
The basic function of the Belkin router is to send the Wi-Fi signal to the different parts of the building. However, the range of routers is limited so, you can cover the whole house with a single router. You need an extender in this case. You can install the Belkin range extender on the network and enhance the coverage and speed of it.
To set up and install the range extender, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect the Extender to the power outlet, then turn on the computer.
- Link the client device to the extender using the wireless name
- Above all, If you don’t know the default SSID, then it is Belkin. Range/setup.
- From the device, open a web browser of your choice and start the setup process after entering 192.168.206.1 in the address bar.
- Click ‘Begin setup’.
- The system will check if any new updates are available for the extender firmware. Click the ‘Manual setup’ link.
- Select the wireless name for both the bands. You can create two different names for different bands.
- Enter the wireless password followed by ‘Next’.
The SSID of the network now changes to _Ext suffix, which confirms that the Wi-Fi devices are now connected to the extender. You can change the network name, password, or security mode as per your requirement. After making necessary changes, click ‘Next’.
- Go to the ‘Secure your range extender’ page from where you can keep the admin password of your choice for accessing the login page of the extender. Click on ‘Remember password’ if you don’t want to enter the password again and again.
- Belkin range extender will restart now. Start connecting the wireless devices to the extender’s network name.
- The Belkin range extender is now configured successfully on the network.
How do I contact Belkin router support?
If you find any difficulty in setting up the Belkin router or connecting the wireless devices, then you can contact customer support number- 877-318-6620 and get a reliable solution from the experts.
To have live chat with the Belkin support provider, click https://www.belkin.com/us/support/%20-%20product-chat/
The company has its account on various social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can follow the below-mentioned links.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/belkincares
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/belkin
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/belkin
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/belkin/
Frequently Asked Questions:
1: What is the default password for the Belkin router?
Check out the default password for your Belkin router and change it to prevent unauthorized access to your network. The steps to change the router settings and password are:
- From your computer, open a web browser and enter 192.168.2.1 in the address space.
- If you want to change the password, leave the field as it is.
- Go to ‘Router’s control panel’ and WPS to let users’ access the network. Press the ‘WPS button’ to connect to the network.
- Tap and hold the WPS button of your Belkin router and check the status light on it.
- Click and hold the button for 15 seconds to reset the password and the username. You can change the settings are per your requirements.
2: What is the Belkin router IP address?
The default IP address of a Belkin router is 192.168.2.1 therefore, it is to be entered in the address space of the web browser.
3: How do I configure my Belkin router?
The steps to configure the Belkin router are:
- Firstly, open the web browser on your computer and enter 192.168.2.1 in the address space.
- Go to ‘DNS’ settings given under ‘Internet WAN’.
- Enter the router’s password to authenticate.
- Uncheck the box given next to ‘Automatic’ and enter Open DNS addresses.
- Note the current DNS settings before making any new changes to it.
- The address for Open DNS is; 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Tap ‘Apply’ to save changes.
4: Can’t connect to Belkin router?
If you are facing a problem connecting to the Belkin router, then this might be due to the poor internet connection. Unplug the modem and router to restart them. Connect the devices again to the power supply and wait for 30 seconds. Turn on the computer and the Belkin router, thus will start working as it should be.
5: How do I reset my Belkin wireless router?
The process of resetting the Belkin wireless router is quite easy. Just locate the ‘Reset’ button on the rear of the router. The button is hidden inside the main panel, so press the button using the paper clip or sharp tip pen. Press the button for 15 seconds and release, once the LED starts blinking.